Website Sustainable Resourcing
A well-established external envelope contractor, has a current requirement for a CAD technician / Designer to join their Design team.
Candidates with experience of CAD technician works within construction are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have some experience of design detailing for the external envelope.
Overall Purpose of the role:
· To assist the Senior technical staff in providing a design service for the contracts team
· Check specifications and produce working drawings using CAD, including creation and amendments, where design responsibility is applicable.
· Carry out technical detailing Using Cad and distribute to contracts team.
· Liaison with manufacturers, external structural engineers and architects.
· Manage own administrative duties and assist with the departments as required.
· Candidates must be fully proficient in construction detailing using CAD
· Candidates must have proven experience in a construction CAD based role
· Applicants must live within a commutable distance
· Applicants must have a Valid Driving License
· Collation of specification and drawings and related calculations.
· Liaison with manufacturers and project teams including distribution of relevant documentation.
· Conduct site inspections..
· Respond to adhoc problems and raise with line manager accordingly.
· Understand commercial implications of risks, issues and recommendations.
· Attend regular meetings with line manager and site teams, when and as required.
· Resolve site issues and make recommendations for future changes, to the line manager.
Competencies – Role Specific:
· Architectural / Technical qualifications – preferred but not essential.
· Competent user, AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, Microsoft Outlook email and calendars.
The following gives an overview of the non-technical skills expected. Further training will be added through the in-house Performance Management process.
· Working together effectively
· Managing our business commercially
· Managing self and others