Website Carrington Blake Recruitment
The company are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Part II Architectural Assistant, to join their busy team of Architects and Surveyors in their central Dorking office.
They are looking for a driven team player who has strong knowledge of UK building regulations, good technical design skills and familiarity with the planning process. Previous experience in the daily running of projects will be advantageous coupled with the ability to manage workloads to meet key milestones of project programmes. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to prioritise tasks and site queries as required.
Good knowledge of Revit is essential (knowledge of other Autodesk products and the BIM process is also an advantage). This role is best suited to independent workers of a resourceful nature who are punctual and happy to assist their colleagues. The ideal candidate will be capable of checking their own work and willing to adapt to the company's in house processes and naming conventions. Interest in sustainability and innovative design is a plus as the role will offer an excellent opportunity to learn about the industry developments from their experienced sustainability champion.
- Relevant RIBA Part II certified qualification
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Experience within the residential, educational and commercial sectors would be beneficial.
- Excellent 3D digital modelling skills are a must, experience of Autodesk suite software such as Revit is essential.
- Good understanding of planning and UK building regulations.
- Willingness to learn, work hard and be flexible.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Enthusiastic about sustainable design.
- Experience of running projects extremely beneficial.
- Must be UK resident and able to commute safely to and from the office in Dorking, Surrey and building sites in your own vehicle or on public transport.